Dungeon path difference
Yi Chai
2003-12-01 01:22:34 UTC
It just occured to me that, since I'm using two different (sorta
different) algorithm for PrintEscape (reverse order) and PrintPath
(correct order), my functions MAY give two different paths connection
the starting point and an exiting point.

They do not necessarily have to be the same path in reverse order of
each other, right?
Michael Ens
2003-12-01 02:13:17 UTC
I asked a similar question before, and the answer I got was no, they do not
have to be the same path, so long as they are both valid paths.

BTW, if you're thinking what I think you're thinking, here's one maze that
will result in different paths
n=6

either:
222222
222222
220222
221222
222222
222222
or:
222222
222222
220122
222222
222222
222222

depending on implementation will, if you are using what I think you're
using, take one step in one direction but many steps in a different
direction, but both will arrive at a solution.